Nudists are often the most *polite* people you’ll ever meet.
Because, when in textile company, they *politely* manage to restrain themselves from
- ripping their clothes off
- talking to you non-stop about the benefits of living clothes-free
Because, when at a textile beach or pool, they *politely* manage to refrain from
- flinging away their bathing costumes as far as they can throw them
- rather strenuously helping you out of yours, too
Because, all too generously, they *politely* tolerate
- pop culture stereotypes about nudity being only sexual or comical
- the use of airbrushed nudes and the word “naked” to sell just about anything
- the general ignorance of textile folk about how social nudity drives body acceptance, self-awareness, and environmental responsibility
Being *polite* is important for respectful dialogue.
But it’s possible to be *too* polite!!!