Nudists are often the most *polite* people you’ll ever meet.
Because, when in textile company, they *politely* manage to restrain themselves from
- ripping their clothes off
- talking to you non-stop about the benefits of living clothes-free
Because, when at a textile beach or pool, they *politely* manage to refrain from
- flinging away their bathing costumes as far as they can throw them
- rather strenuously helping you out of yours, too
Because, all too generously, they *politely* tolerate
- pop culture stereotypes about nudity being only sexual or comical
- the use of airbrushed nudes and the word “naked” to sell just about anything
- the general ignorance of textile folk about how social nudity drives body acceptance, self-awareness, and environmental responsibility
Being *polite* is important for respectful dialogue.
But it’s possible to be *too* polite!!!
2 thoughts on “Polite Nudists”
This is a great point, Will. Thanks for bringing this up… honestly. The most open-minded people are the ones who get forgotten.
Hmmm… keeping an open mind, I'd say, almost always requires more courage than keeping a closed mind. I think we nudists just need to be more vocal, more active, about the benefits of breaking out of the \”clothed\” mind!